Hello! Hope you have been enjoying the menus so far! Today’s menu looks like this:
Coconut rice is a recent obsession of mine. It’s so ridiculously creamy and because of the savoury addition of lightly fried onions it is well-balanced and not too sweet. It really doesn’t need anything other than your favourite stir-fried vegetables with some ginger and soy sauce. I like to garnish with spring onions and lime wedges for a fresh bite but this is optional!
Coconut Rice Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sunflower oil
- 1 tsp Vitalite
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- pinch salt
- Gently sauté the onions in the sunflower oil and Vitalite on a low heat until translucent.
- Stir in the rice, coating it in the oil and Vitalite.
- Add the coconut milk, water and salt.
- Bring nearly to the boil and simmer with the lid on, stopping to stir occasionally until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender and creamy.
Serve with stir fried veg in ginger and soy sauce.
We’re not done yet!!!
As promised, here is the recipe for the quickest and most easy vegan rocky road there could possibly be!
Vegan Rocky Road
- 300g dark chocolate
- 120g Vitalite
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 packet fruit shortcake biscuits (Lidl or other vegan biscuits)
- 50g any other vegan sweets/dried fruit/cereal/marshmallows you fancy (or leave it out)
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate, Vitalite and golden syrup on a low heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Meanwhile, break up the other ingredients into small chunks in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour over the chocolate mixture, stirring in gently with a silicone spatula.
- Pour into a lined baking tray or suitable tin and spread out evenly with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Use a hot knife (dipped in hot water) to cut the rocky road into manageable squares.
- Spread the love.
Here’s a look at tomorrow’s menu!