So breakfast today is fresh fruit which always tastes so nice in the morning! I’ve got a massive sweet tooth so I love this as an alternative to toast or cereal. I have very naughtily added Alpro chocolate soya milk because it is just f***ing delicious and that’s all there is to it.
Tonight’s dinner is tomato and vegetable penne pasta with homemade garlic bread (cheap cheat’s version) with salad.
Tomato and Vegetable Penne Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- handful cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 carton passata
- 1 tsp sugar
- splash olive oil
- handful fresh basil (optional)
- cooked penne pasta
- Gently fry onions and garlic in a little olive oil until softened.
- Add the other vegetables and stir fry for another 2-3 mins.
- Pour in passata, sugar, herbs, olive oil and seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta and serve with garlic bread.
Garlic Bread Recipe
- 1x part-baked white baguette
- 1 tbsp Vitalite spread
- 1 or 2 cloves crushed garlic
- pinch dried oregano
- pinch salt and pepper
- Slice the baguette lengthways down the middle to make two flat halves.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Vitalite with the garlic, herbs and seasoning.
- Spread evenly on each half of the bread and close together again like a sandwich.
- Bake as directed on packaging (usually 7-8 minutes), until golden brown.
Here’s a sneak preview of tomorrow’s menu.
I’m keeping it simple for lunch prep with a Vitalite Creamy spread and lettuce sandwich with a portion of cherry tomatoes along with a few snacks. It is so worth prepping lunch the night before as it’s so much more difficult to ‘pop out’ and find something vegan, healthy and satisfying at lunchtime or before work!
Get ready for tomorrow – I’m sharing a super quick, cheap and easy recipe for vegan rocky road that is Richie Rich rich and actually just the best thing on the planet. You can choose to skip this if you wish but I would strongly advise that you don’t as it will see you and whomever you wish to share it with through the weekend and (maybe) beyond!