Uh yeah. Ok they aren’t round cos ain’t nobody got time for that. But tell me you care when you have a crisp chocolate outer encrusted with hazelnuts filled with a Nutella-style creamy inside.
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 cup blanched hazelnuts (+ 2 tbsp extra, finely chopped or roughly processed)
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over simmering water.
- Take 1 tsp of melted chocolate at a time and use this to thinly coat each chocolate mould.
- Place coated mould in freezer for 5 minutes for chocolate to set.
- Blitz hazelnuts in a food processor until extremely fine. The oils will begin to be visible and the consistency of the nuts will become almost dough-like.
- Add the cocoa and sugar and blitz again until well combined.
- Take moulds from freezer and push a spoonful of ‘nutella’ mixture into each before topping and sealing with another layer of melted chocolate.
- Before chocolate sets, sprinkle some of the remaining chopped hazelnuts on each and place mould in freezer again until set.
- When they’re ready, each chocolate will easily pop out of the moulds.
- Now chomp the bastards before someone gets there first.