I really, really like chocolate chip cookies and vegan ones (that aren’t ‘oaty’) are quite hard to find. These are quite squishy and dense reminiscent of those giant ones I used to get as a kid from the bakery! Mm mm mm!
They are very, very easy to make and all of the ingredients can be found in supermarkets which makes me happy! 🙂
- 125g Vitalite (or similar vegan margarine)
- 100g sugar
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 180g flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 2 thirds of a packet of dark choc chips
- Beat together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the golden syrup and vanilla essence and beat it up some more.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and add the choc chips before gently folding in until the mixture comes together and you have a soft dough.
- Form into balls (about 10).
- Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and squash down slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 mins at 180⁰C.
Enjoy! And if you make these please let me know how they turned out!